Simple and Scrumptious Mocha Cake
Simple and Scrumptious Mocha Cake is perfect alone, or dress it up with a garnish of fresh raspberries, a drizzle of caramel sauce or a dash of cocoa on whipped cream.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
PLACE chocolate, water, butter and coffee granules in large, heat-proof bowl. Set over a saucepan of gently boiling water; stir just until melted and smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes.
WHISK in eggs and vanilla extract until light and smooth. Gently mix in flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
BAKE for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out almost clean. Cool for 15 minutes on wire racks. Carefully remove cakes from pans to cool completely. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Slice and serve with freshly whipped cream, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (52% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 130mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 42g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.