You'll love the hearty flavors in this Sirloin Steak Soup recipe. Beans add extra nutrition and substance to this easy-to-make recipe. Serve topped with chopped onion, chopped cilantro, avocado and lime wedges. Your guests will be impressed.
- 2 cups (about 3/4 lb.) dried pinto beans
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb. sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb. sirloin steak or flap meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Beef Ribs Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Chopped white onion
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed (optional)
- Lime wedges
SOAK beans overnight according to package directions; drain. Combine beans, water, 1 1/2 cups onion and garlic in soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain, reserving cooking broth. Add enough additional water to cooking broth to total 3 cups.
FRY bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove from skillet. Add beef and 1 tablespoon bouillon to same skillet; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
RETURN beans to soup pot. Add beef, bacon, 1/4 cup cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon bouillon and bean broth, leaving any sediment behind. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Serve topped with chopped onion, chopped cilantro, avocado and lime wedges.