This Asian-inspired Skewered Sesame Chicken with a sweet sesame seed oil sauce is really a treat. Grill or broil it, then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped cilantro or other fresh herbs. Makes for a great appetizer or main dish, and is perfect for entertaining too.
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 cup saké (rice wine)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (optional)
COMBINE seasoning sauce, saké, sugar, garlic, ginger, bouillon and oil in medium bowl; reserve 1/3 cup. Add chicken to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
THREAD chicken onto skewers. Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting with reserved marinade, for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
Review This Recipe
This recipe is fantastic. It will impress any guest! I can't believe how moist the chicken is every time I make this. The flavors blend perfectly -- it's definitely one of my TOP FAVORITES!!!!
Read More Reviews