Skewered Sesame Chicken
This Asian-inspired Skewered Sesame Chicken with a sweet sesame seed oil sauce is really a treat. Grill or broil it, then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped cilantro or other fresh herbs. Makes for a great appetizer or main dish, and is perfect for entertaining too.
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 cup saké (rice wine)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
THREAD chicken onto skewers. Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting with reserved marinade, for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made this dish tonight, and it was very good. This was the first recipe that I had tried on this site that was actually good. I will be making these again. Oh, and if you can't find the Maggi Seasoning Sauce or if you don't want to pay around $2.50 for the 1/2 cup the recipe calls for, just use soy sauce or light soy sauce.
This recipe is fantastic. It will impress any guest! I can't believe how moist the chicken is every time I make this. The flavors blend perfectly -- it's definitely one of my TOP FAVORITES!!!!
What a wonderful taste! I only wish the sauce was a little thicker. Instead of cooking the chicken on a wooden shish-ka-bob stick, we cut ours into on inch thick strips and cooked on aluminum foil over the grill. Very tender and very tasty!
I couldn't stop smacking
This chicken was excellent. It's a little work, but nothing major.The only thing is, I had to make more sauce. And I added a little more sugar,sake,and sesame oil. The result was perfect. And left-overs (if you're lucky) taste even better the next day.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.5g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 1300mg (54% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 14g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 27g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.