Red chiles and chili garlic sauce add a spicy touch to this pork and eggplant dish.
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Chinese eggplants, washed, cut into 4-inch lengths and quartered
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 oz. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 2 fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
- Hot, cooked rice
COMBINE water, vinegar and salt in large bowl. Add eggplant; soak for 10 minutes. Remove from water; set aside.
MIX garlic chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar and seasoning sauce in small bowl; set aside.
STEAM eggplant in steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
HEAT vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add white onion, green onions, ginger, black bean sauce and chiles; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chili garlic sauce mixture; mix well.
PLACE eggplant on platter. Top with pork mixture. Garnish with additional sliced chiles, if desired. Serve immediately with rice.