Sliced Pork with Chinese Eggplant
Red chiles and chili garlic sauce add a spicy touch to this pork and eggplant dish.
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Chinese eggplants, washed, cut into 4-inch lengths and quartered
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 oz. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 2 fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
- Hot, cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MIX garlic chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar and seasoning sauce in small bowl; set aside.
STEAM eggplant in steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
HEAT vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add white onion, green onions, ginger, black bean sauce and chiles; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chili garlic sauce mixture; mix well.
PLACE eggplant on platter. Top with pork mixture. Garnish with additional sliced chiles, if desired. Serve immediately with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (7% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (9% of DV)
- Sodium: 350mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.