Prepare this Arroz con Pollo in only 20 minutes. Cook all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4 to 5 hours, add peas and olives before serving and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, dissolved in 2 cups warm water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or tenders, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
PLACE rice and oil in 5-quart slow cooker; stir until all the rice is coated in oil. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder, bouillon mixture and diced tomatoes; stir to combine.
ARRANGE the chicken pieces evenly in the slow cooker.
COOK on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in peas and olives about 15 minutes before serving.