Slow Cooker Beef Tacos with Creamy Poblano Sauce
With just a little prep time, these beef tacos will be waiting for you at the end of the day. Cooked in a slow cooker, they are the ultimate no-fuss meal. Just before serving, a creamy poblano sauce is made to serve over the tacos.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 onion
- 3 jalapeños, stems removed, divided
- 2 poblano chiles, stems removed, roasted and charred, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and peeled
- 16 corn tortillas
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BOIL 3 cups water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining jalapeño; cook for 25 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup cooking water and jalapeño (discard rest of the water).
PLACE boiled jalapeño, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons bouillon, remaining poblano chile (half of charred skin removed), remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk, avocados and reserved 1/4 cup water in a blender or food processor; cover. Blend until creamy. Transfer to a bowl for serving.
SHRED beef in a large bowl; chop up onion into the same bowl. Mix together. Pour 1/2 cup broth from slow cooker over shredded beef. Discard all other contents in the slow cooker.
WARM corn tortillas over an open flame. Fill the tortillas with 1/3 cup of shredded beef.
TOP each taco with 2 tablespoons creamy poblano sauce.
Cook’s Tip: To add deeper flavor, brown the meat in a skillet before adding to the slow cooker. Just heat up a small amount of oil in a large skillet and sear the meat before adding to the slow cooker.
SERVING SIZE INFORMATION: 1 taco per serving containing 1/3 cup meat and 2 tablespoons sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 23g (36% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (43% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 740mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.