- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablet (90 grams) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate, grated
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 dried ancho or California chiles, stemmed, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot, cooked rice
PLACE chicken thighs in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
PLACE bouillon, Abuelita chocolate, tomatoes, onion, ancho chiles, chipotle chile, almonds, raisins, garlic, oil and cinnamon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. (Blend in 2 batches if all the ingredients do not fit in your blender). Pour mixture over chicken.
COOK on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve chicken and sauce with cooked rice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.