Slow Cooker Chicken Mole
This chicken mole recipe brings together different flavors and spices to create a rich dish with notes of cinnamon, chile and delicious Abuelita chocolate.
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablet (90 grams) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, grated
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 dried ancho or California chiles, stemmed, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot, cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE bouillon, Abuelita chocolate, tomatoes, onion, ancho chiles, chipotle chile, almonds, raisins, garlic, oil and cinnamon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. (Blend in 2 batches if all the ingredients do not fit in your blender). Pour mixture over chicken.
COOK on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve chicken and sauce with cooked rice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 750
- Calories from Fat: 240
- Total Fat: 26g (40% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (29% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 250mg (84% of DV)
- Sodium: 940mg (39% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 61g (20% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (22% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 67g
- Vitamin A: 45% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 40% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.