Slow Cooker Chicken Posole
Chicken pozole is a Mexican-style soup mostly served on Christmas. Enjoy this slow cooker version anytime, topped with cabbage, radishes and lemon juice.
- 4 cups warm water
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (29 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD chicken, onion, garlic, jalapeños, hominy, tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes.
COOK on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
SQUEEZE in lemon juice and garnish with green cabbage and radishes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Amazing - Light, Flavorful, Healthy
This recipe is one of the best that I have made in a very long time. I am always trying new recipes and tweeking old favorites, creating new recipes. This recipe was a hit with my family and clients. All around goodness.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 2g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (14% of DV)
- Sodium: 800mg (33% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.