Chicken pozole is a Mexican-style soup mostly served on Christmas. Enjoy this slow cooker version anytime, topped with cabbage, radishes and lemon juice.
- 4 cups warm water
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (29 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
PLACE water and bouillon in 5-quart slow cooker; stir until bouillon is dissolved.
ADD chicken, onion, garlic, jalapeños, hominy, tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes.
COOK on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
SQUEEZE in lemon juice and garnish with green cabbage and radishes.
Review This Recipe
Amazing - Light, Flavorful, Healthy
This recipe is one of the best that I have made in a very long time. I am always trying new recipes and tweeking old favorites, creating new recipes. This recipe was a hit with my family and clients. All around goodness.