These Slow Cooker Enchiladas will become your new favorite enchilada! Layer ground beef, beans, tortillas and cheese in a slow cooker, turn on and you're done! Add additional hot peppers for more of a kick. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 (9-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas, cut to fit slow cooker if necessary
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
PLACE oil, beef, bell pepper, onion and bouillon in a large skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add pinto beans, black beans, diced tomatoes and water; mix well.
SPREAD 1 ½ cups beef mixture onto bottom of 5-quart slow cooker. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers 4 times, ending with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
COOK on low for 5 hours.
Review This Recipe
I am going to try this, except instead of using bell pepper, I am going to use chopped green chiles.
Read More Reviews