These Slow Cooker Hawaiian Sweet Ribs get their namesake from the JUICY JUICE®, brown sugar and pineapple that is combined with the spare ribs and slow cooked all day. Serve with rice for a truly tropical experience.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 pounds bone-in pork spare ribs, cut into 3-4 rib sections
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
PLACE onion and ginger in a layer at the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker. Place ribs on top.
MICROWAVE Juicy Juice and pineapple juice in a medium microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds.
WHISK bouillon and sugar into warmed juices until fully dissolved. Pour over ribs.
COOK on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Rotate bottom ribs to top using tongs once during cooking. One hour prior to serving, add in pineapple chunks.
SERVE with rice. Discard cooking liquid or drain fat and pour on top of ribs and rice.