Great as a side or meatless main dish, these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are full of flavor. Using cost-effective pantry items, fresh veggies and a slow cooker, this recipe will be on your short list of favorites.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 5 ounces Cotija cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 jar (24 ounces) mild salsa, divided
- 6 red or green bell peppers, tops cut off and hollowed out
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, dissolved in 2 cups warm water
COMBINE beans, rice, cheese, onion, 1 teaspoon bouillon and half the salsa in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into peppers, mounding if necessary. Place stuffed peppers into 5-quart slow cooker. Pour bouillon mixture around the peppers. Pour remaining salsa over peppers.
COOK on low for 6 to 8 hours until rice is tender. Top with additional Cotija cheese before serving, if desired.