Try this Smoked Poultry Salad with Chocolate Dressing for an exotic variation. Crispy apples add a delightful crunch and this is a great choice for a light lunch or a starter.
- 6 oz. mixed salad greens
- 1/2 lb. cooked, smoked chicken or turkey, cut into slices
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into large slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped milk chocolate
PLACE salad greens on large platter. Arrange chicken and apples over top of greens.
MICROWAVE oil and 2 ounces chocolate in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring just until chocolate is melted. Stir in vinegar, seasoning sauce, cinnamon and pepper to taste. Pour over prepared greens. Garnish with additional chocolate, if desired.