Smoked almonds paired with creamy Carnation are the secrets to this extra-special Smokin’ Almond Blue Cheese Dip. Use in place of the typical Ranch dip to serve with chicken thighs or wings, fresh veggies or hearty crackers. It’s the perfect addition to any party buffet table.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 4 ozs. blue or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
COMBINE sour cream, mayonnaise, evaporated milk, almonds, cheese, vinegar and black pepper in medium bowl; cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
SERVE with assorted cut up vegetables or chicken wings.
• To use as a dressing, increase evaporated milk to 1 cup.
Review This Recipe
Smoky Blues Dressing
Very good. I doubled the amount of smoked almonds called for and served it over a salad of Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced sweet onions, chopped pears, and garnished with extra crumbles of blue cheese.
Read More Reviews