Snowday Cookie Shovels
Snowed in? Make these too-cute cookie shovels! These fun Snowday Cookie Shovels are a great indoor activity for moms and kids to share together during the snowy winter season.
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 12 pretzel rods, broken in half
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- White decorator sprinkles or sugars, sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BREAK dough along pre-scored lines. Place 8 squares of cookie dough about 3 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Insert broken end of pretzel rod into each square of cookie dough; flatten dough slightly to form a rectangle. Flatten each square slightly with fingers to form a rectangle, about 1 1/2-inches long by 1 1/4-inches wide. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately pat sides of each shovel with edge of knife to form straight sides. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
LINE cooled baking sheets with wax paper.
MICROWAVE 2/3 cup morsels and shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP bottom 1-inch edge of each cookie shovel in melted morsels; scraping bottom of shovel along edge of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle dipped end of each shovel with remaining 1/3 cup morsels, mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store shovels between layers of wax paper in covered containers at room temperature.
• 1 3/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Tub Dough can be substituted for the bar dough. Roll dough into 24, 1 1/4-inch balls.
• Refrigerating dough shovels before baking helps to prevent cookies from spreading and retain their shape during baking.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fun Shovel Cookies
What fun! I made these with my grandson and we used coconut instead of sugar and they were so easy to make and delicious. I wrapped the ones we didn't eat and took them with us on a short road trip. Great combo with the pretel and chocolate.
So Fun, Easy, and Tasty
These are perfect Kid cookies - so fun to make and cute to see. Who can wait for a snow day to try them! Definitely a keeper!
This recipe is very great for my kids, they loved it! They had so much fun helping me make it. THANK YOU!!
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 190mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.