Soothing Tofu with Yogurt Mint Sauce
This Soothing Tofu with Yogurt Mint Sauce recipe is a favorite in many Asian cuisines. You'll love the extra flavor from pan frying the tofu. The yogurt mint sauce is easy to make in your blender. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 1 block (12 to 16 oz.) extra-firm tofu
- 1 pkg. (1.23 oz.) MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Tofu and Vegetable Soup Mix
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- Yogurt Mint Sauce (recipe follows)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MIX soup mix and 1/4 cup warm water in medium bowl. Add tofu; mix well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute or until seeds are fragrant. Transfer tofu from marinade to skillet along with seasoning sauce. Pan-fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; pan-fry other side for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Yogurt Mint Sauce.
FOR YOGURT MINT SAUCE:
PLACE 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 small peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber, 2 to 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce and 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (1% of DV)
- Sodium: 630mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 45% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.