This South-of-the-Border Chicken & Rice Bake will spice up your family's chicken and rice dinner with southwest-style vegetables and flavors and it's easy to make!
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 oz.) Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, chicken and rice. Cover dish tightly with foil.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
TIP: Vary the taste of this bake by using a different flavor or heat level of salsa.
Review This Recipe
South of the border chicken & rice bake
My family really liked this one! Although I did not cut up the chicken I placed the breasts on top of the rice mixture. It bake very well, flavor was great & I will make this again.
Read More Reviews