South-of-the-Border Beef is a tasty treat prepared in one pan where the flavors of this dish come alive.
- 4 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (7 oz.) fresh chopped green chile peppers
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
HEAT oil over medium heat in large skillet. Cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add flour; toss until well coated. Add coffee, water, onion, tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, salt and ground black pepper. Cover; cook for about 50 minutes or until tender. Add chile peppers and tomato; cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Review This Recipe
VERY, VERY GOOD
I made this recipe a couple nights ago for my boyfriend & others. They all loved it. I would make this recipe again.
Read More Reviews