Southwestern Chicken Soup is a thick and hearty soup and brings home zesty southwest flavor. This recipe adds a hint of heat in the salsa verde that is perfect for a cold winter's night.
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked, shredded or chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- Light sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Baked tortilla chips (optional)
POUR salsa into large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add chicken, beans, water, bouillon and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk; heat through.
SERVE with dollop of sour cream, chopped tomatoes and tortilla chips.