Corn tortilla strips, green chiles and cheese turn ordinary scrambled eggs into this Southwestern Scramble. Top with salsa, avocado and green onions for a pretty presentation. Serve with beans if desired.
- 8 large eggs, well-beaten
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium or 3 small corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- Mild salsa, chopped avocado and/or sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
COMBINE eggs, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup cheese, chiles and black pepper in medium bowl.
SPRAY large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortilla strips in skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until strips are lightly browned.
POUR egg mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Top with salsa, avocado and/or green onions, if desired. Serve with beans.
Review This Recipe
THIS RECIPE IS QUICK, EASY TO PREPARE, AND VERY TASTY. I SAUTEED EXTRA FRESH MUSHROOMS TO ADD TO MY MIXTURE. A SIDE SALAD COMPLETES THE MEAL FOR US. EGG DISHES SHINE AT SUPPER TIME TOO!
Read More Reviews