Lean beef or turkey hot dogs make a great addition to this Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Hot Dogs recipe. Ready in 30 minutes, it is a great solution for everyday meals. Sprinkle a little shredded cheese to add a flavor accent.
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped lean beef or turkey hot dogs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet, crushed
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
PREPARE spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are tender. Add tomatoes and juice, hot dogs, oregano, sugar and bouillon. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until bouillon is dissolved. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with spaghetti topped with cheese.