Warm up the holiday season with this delightful Spiced Coffee (Café de Olla) drink featuring an alluring blend of brown sugar, zesty cinnamon and creamy NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed piloncillo or packed dark brown sugar
- 2 medium cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds (optional)
- 2 whole cloves (optional)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLASICO Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
COMBINE water, piloncillo, cinnamon sticks, anise and cloves in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in coffee granules. Cover; steep for 5 minutes.
HEAT evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly until milk is frothy and comes just to a boil. Remove from heat.
STRAIN coffee through a fine sieve into individual serving cups. Serve immediately with frothed milk on the side.
Review This Recipe
more coffe please
I made enough for 20 people and everyone loved the coffee great recipe!!
Read More Reviews