You'll love the traditional flavors in this Spiced Pumpkin Gingerbread. This recipe is simple to make and a great holiday recipe too. Perfect for gift-giving or entertaining.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan.
COMBINE dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, butter and egg in medium bowl; mix well. Add pumpkin mixture to wheat germ mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
Fine Pumpkin bread
This is a very nice pumpkin loaf for a Fall brunch/coffee gathering. I served it with other quick breads and some good cheeses, shelled nut meats, dried fruits and fine teas and coffee. Good comments from all the guests ! Give it a try.
Read More Reviews