Tasty, yet ready in less than 30 minutes, this Spicy Black Bean Dip is delightful for entertaining or special snacks. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
COOK bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from heat; chop and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Cook onion in same skillet over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
PLACE black beans, chiles, seasoning sauce, cumin and oregano in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth (if necessary, add a few tablespoons water to help blades move). Place in medium bowl; stir in bacon and cooked onion. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.