This surprisingly lively Spicy Chocolate Cake will be a hit with the dessert lovers among your friends. This is a perfect finale for any occasion.
- SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons diced jalapeños (optional)
- RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 3 to 3 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
FOR SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE:
MICROWAVE morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into prepared pan(s).
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
FOR RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake.
* Follow melting instructions on NESTLÉ® package.
Review This Recipe
Spicy Chocolate Cake
I tried this cake but skipped some ingredients like the jalepanoes and the frosting as i always make my cakes without the frostings or icings. The cake was fine, nothing tempting but the texture was great! Simple and easy
Read More Reviews