This spicy chocolate cake tempts the palate with a spicy little surprise. Tucked among melted morsels and a dash of cinnamon lie bits of diced jalapeño (should you opt to include them). Diced chiles or no, this cake will satisfy a chocolate craving and then some!
- 6 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon to 2 ORTEGA Diced Jalapeños, (optional)
- 3 cups to 3 1/4 sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 packets (1-oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
PREHEAT oven to 350ºF.
BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted morsels. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13x9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, chocolate flavor, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake. Decorate sides with nuts.
Review This Recipe
Review for Spicy Chocolate Jalapeno Cake
Had a few doubts about this cake but it is simply delicious. Will make it again. Gave samples to neighbors and they raved about it
Read More Reviews