Spicy Korean Pork Ribs
These Spicy Korean Pork Ribs are flavored with a sweet chili and sesame sauce that will delight family and friends alike. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds for a final touch.
- 1 cup sweet rice wine or cooking sherry
- 3/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 lb. pork short ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork ribs; cook, turning frequently, until browned. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Stir in reserved marinade and boil until liquid is reduced in half, skimming off fat.
ADD sweet potato, carrots, bell pepper and green onions; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Place on serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I was looking for something spicy & I love ribs, so this one seemed to fit the bill. I was a little sceptical because I'm used to slow cooking ribs much longer than this recipe called for, but this was wonderful! I served this over brown rice and my husband & 8 year old daughter inhaled it. This one is a keeper!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 22g (33% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (25% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV)
- Sodium: 2410mg (100% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 29g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 29g
- Vitamin A: 170% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 30% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.