These Spicy Korean Pork Ribs are flavored with a sweet chili and sesame sauce that will delight family and friends alike. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds for a final touch.
- 1 cup sweet rice wine or cooking sherry
- 3/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 lb. pork short ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
COMBINE rice wine, sweet chili sauce, seasoning sauce and sesame oil in large bowl. Add pork ribs; cover. Marinate for 4 hours in refrigerator. Remove ribs from marinade; reserve marinade.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork ribs; cook, turning frequently, until browned. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Stir in reserved marinade and boil until liquid is reduced in half, skimming off fat.
ADD sweet potato, carrots, bell pepper and green onions; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Place on serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Review This Recipe
I was looking for something spicy & I love ribs, so this one seemed to fit the bill. I was a little sceptical because I'm used to slow cooking ribs much longer than this recipe called for, but this was wonderful! I served this over brown rice and my husband & 8 year old daughter inhaled it. This one is a keeper!
Read More Reviews