Cooked in your wok or a nonstick skillet, this Spicy Pork and Mushrooms with Tofu recipe is a real taste treat. Serve over noodles or rice and sprinkle with green onion to add a little flavor and color flair.
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork or turkey
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 box (14 ounces) medium or firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
SOAK mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes or until soft. Remove stems and thinly slice. Set aside.
HEAT large wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add oil. Add pork; stir-fry until no longer pink. Stir in mushrooms. Add chili sauce and garlic; mix well.
REDUCE heat to medium-low. Add tofu; cook, stirring gently, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into tofu mixture and cook until thickened.
SERVE over noodles or rice; sprinkle with green onion.