Spicy Raisinets Party Mix
Spicy RAISINETS® Party Mix is a fun snack to bring to any type of party. Customize the spice to your and your guests liking by add or subtracting curry powder and cayenne pepper. The chocolate covered raisins add a sweet touch to the spice and salt. Never bring a bagged snack mix again!
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound pecan halves or walnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 package (11 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Dark or Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 2 cups pretzel twists
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BRING water to boil in large saucepan. Pour nuts into boiling water. Boil for 1 minute; strain. Pour nuts into large bowl. Add sugar and oil; stir to coat. Add sea salt, chili powder, curry powder, coriander, cumin, garlic salt, allspice, cinnamon and pepper; toss to coat. Spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet in single layer.
BAKE, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned and crisp. Cool completely.
POUR cooled nuts into large bowl. Add Raisinets and pretzels; mix well. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 240
- Total Fat: 27g (41% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 420mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.