This chilled Spicy Rice Salad with Tofu and Mango is full of fantastic flavors and is a refreshing and colorful choice for lunch or dinner. Use as a light main entrée or as a starter. Perfect for simple entertaining too.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
PREPARE rice according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
COMBINE water, soy sauce and sugar in large saucepan. Add tofu. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for about 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool to room temperature.
COMBINE rice, peanuts, bell peppers, mango and cilantro in large bowl. Combine oil, chili sauce, garlic and mustard in small bowl. Stir into rice mixture. Stir in tofu and cooking liquid. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Review This Recipe
This recipe blew my husband and I away! I didn't have tofu or peanuts but it was still sooo yummy! It's spicy, sweet, and crunchy! The perfect side to a chicken dish or even a midnight snack! I really can't express properly how much we loved this rice!
Read More Reviews