Savor the flavors in this spicy white bean soup made with fresh carrots, onions and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups (24 fluid ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or small white beans, drained
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
ADD broth and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add beans; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
TOP with cheese.
Review This Recipe
Simple and Tasty
I have tried my hand successfully at several meals.com recipes and decided to give soup a try. This recipe is not only quick and tasty, but also perfect for those chilly days. Although the recipe did not include the seasoning of Sazon, fresh cilantro and parsley, I added them for that extra kick.
Read More Reviews