Spicy White Bean Soup
Savor the flavors in this spicy white bean soup made with fresh carrots, onions and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups (24 fluid ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or small white beans, drained
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD broth and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add beans; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
TOP with cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Simple and Tasty
I have tried my hand successfully at several meals.com recipes and decided to give soup a try. This recipe is not only quick and tasty, but also perfect for those chilly days. Although the recipe did not include the seasoning of Sazon, fresh cilantro and parsley, I added them for that extra kick.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 1550mg (64% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 38g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 9g (37% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 80% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.