Spinach and Cheese Strata
This Spinach and Cheese Strata is perfect for a Sunday brunch or a holiday breakfast.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of moisture
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 8 cups (1-inch) French bread cubes, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyère or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Powdered Coffee Creamer
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in spinach; remove from heat.
PLACE 4 cups bread cubes in prepared dish. Top evenly with half of spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup Gruyère cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, ending with cheese.
WHISK together water and Coffee-mate in medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in eggs, mustard, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Pour evenly over strata. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Allow strata to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
BAKE, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.