Zucchini ribbons are an easy and nutritious way to add whimsy to your pasta dish! Combine them with classic spinach and three cheese tortellini, along with mozzarella and almonds, and you've got a fun, authentic Italian dish.
Another extraordinary recipe from the chefs at Casa Buitoni®
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Spinach Cheese Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ribbons with vegetable peeler or knife
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese balls or pearls
- Grated lemon peel
- Toasted sliced almonds
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water. While pasta is cooking, prepare zucchini mixture.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini starts to turn golden. Season with salt and pepper.
ADD pasta, reserved cooking water and mozzarella cheese to skillet; toss to coat. Serve garnished with grated lemon peel and sliced almonds.