Chicken and fresh spinach in enchiladas helps to make a delicious meal for your family. A great way to use up leftover chicken too!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups fresh spinach (8 ounces)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 18 corn tortillas
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in a large skillet. Add flour; mix to combine. Cook for 3 minutes.
ADD in spinach, evaporated milk, water and bouillon. Mix constantly for 13 minutes or until spinach has wilted and turns bright green.
PLACE spinach mixture in blender; cover. Blend until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
HEAT oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Using tongs, cook one tortilla at a time. Fry on both sides for about 30 to 40 seconds. You want the tortilla to be slightly hard but still pliable.
FILL the center of each tortilla with 1/3 cup shredded chicken; roll up. Place in a casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken.
POUR spinach sauce over enchiladas.
Cook’s Tip: Folding the tortilla in half helps reduce the amount of rolling.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (19% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (26% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.