Raspberry vinegar gives the light, basil vinaigrette dressing a fresh accent that brings out the best in this spinach and fresh fruit salad.
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups (about 2 small bunches) fresh spinach, washed, dried and coarsely chopped
- 1 large red apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 10 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
COMBINE vinegar, oil, sugar, basil and salt in small bowl; whisk until blended. Combine spinach, apple, kiwifruit, oranges and strawberries in large bowl.
ADD dressing to salad; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Can't believe I ate the whole thing
I figured we'd toss this one - but I wanted to try something different. It was great! Wife and kids loved it too! Easy enough to fix regularly for family. Tasty enough to impress company!
Read More Reviews