Packed full of amazing flavors and easy-to-prepare, this Spinach Lasagna will be a real crowd pleaser. Top with grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor and bake covered. For a golden top, bake uncovered for the last 10 minutes. This is a great choice for parties or large family meals when you are looking for an attractive and simple to serve dish.
- 4 cups lowfat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, crumbled, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 container (15 ounces) lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna pasta noodles, cooked and kept warm
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE milk and flour in medium saucepan; mix well. Add 1 tablet crumbled bouillon and nutmeg. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is thickened; set aside.
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spinach and remaining ½ tablet crumbled bouillon. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute or until bouillon is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add ricotta cheese and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; mix well.
SPREAD ¼ cup white sauce on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place 4 lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Spread 1 cup ricotta cheese mixture on top of lasagna noodles; top with ½ cup white sauce. Repeat process. Finish last layer with 4 lasagna noodles; top with remaining sauce. Top with 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 35 minutes; remove foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden on top.