Spinach and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms have an amazing flavor combination that you'll enjoy. Parmesan cheese adds some extra dimension to this baked dish. Serve as an appetizer or lighter main course. Great for entertaining, too.
- 1 package (12 oz.) STOUFFER'S Spinach Souffle, defrost according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/3 cups herb seasoned stuffing (not crouton style)
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage; cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 2 1/2 pounds whole white mushrooms, stems removed
MELT butter in medium saucepan; add onion and cook until translucent. Add water; heat to boiling. Remove pan from heat. Add herb-seasoned stuffing; stir until moistened. Stir in Spinach Soufflé, cooked sausage and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
ARRANGE mushrooms on baking sheet; fill with spinach mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
BAKE in preheated 400°F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese and mushrooms are lightly browned.
Review This Recipe
Every year family and friends request that I make this for special occasions. It my sure way to get invited to any get together.
Read More Reviews