This Spinach Stromboli is filled with Italian sausage, roasted peppers, Monterey Jack cheese and creamed spinach. Makes for a beautiful presentation. Great as a thinly sliced appetizer or main course, too.
- 1 package STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 1 lb. loaf frozen bread dough, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, thoroughly cooked, drained and c
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopp
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Olive or vegetable oil
ROLL bread dough into 10 x 15-inch rectangle on foil-lined and greased baking sheet.
COMBINE Creamed Spinach and flour in medium bowl; add cooked sausage, peppers and cheese. Spread mixture on top of dough rectangle to within one inch from edges.
ROLL dough up as for jelly roll, starting at long edge. Place stromboli in center of baking sheet, keeping seam side down and tucking ends under. Cut four diagonal slits into top of stromboli to allow filling to show through.
BAKE in preheated 350°F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until brown. Brush with oil.
Review This Recipe
Pretty and tasty
I made this the other day and we all loved it...including my 5 yr.old!
Make sure to buy the creamed spinach - found in the frozen meal section-not the frozen spinach in the vegetables section.
I spread out the bread dough by hand onto a greased foil lined pan...It was super easy!
Read More Reviews