Have fun with the kids creating this festive and spooky graveyard-inspired pie. A chocolate cookie crust is filled with a chocolatey pie mixture and topped with cookie crumb dirt, cookie headstones and creepy crawly gummies and bones.
- 3 cups (about 32) finely ground chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 8 chocolate filled vanilla wafer cookies
- Black and purple decorator writing gels
- WONKA® SweeTARTS® Skulls n’ Bones*, gummy bugs or other assorted spooky Halloween candies
COMBINE 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and upsides of pie plate. Set aside remaining 1 1/2 cups crumbs for dirt topping.
WHISK together evaporated milk, egg yolks and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
POUR into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs. Press crumbs down gently. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
DECORATE cookie tombstones as desired with writing gels. Insert tombstones around edge of pie. With spoon, mound cookie crumbs to form “fresh graves”. Decorate graves with candy to make the pie as spooky as you want it to be!
* Found in bags of WONKA® Halloween Assorted Candies.
Review This Recipe
This recipe look delicouse i might make it for my halloween party.
Read More Reviews