The perfect springtime dessert for Easter, showers or any time you are looking for a more sensible dessert option.
- Parchment paper
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups Baker's (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops of spring-colored food coloring
- WONKA SweeTARTS Jelly Beans
- WONKA SweeTARTS Bunny Gummies
- NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER or CRUNCH NestEggs
PREHEAT oven to 200° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl on low speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar; increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla extract and food coloring; beat until combined.
SPOON meringue into pastry bag fitted with a ½-inch tip or gallon-size food storage bag with ½-inch tip snipped from corner of bag. Pipe meringue into 3-inch circles about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (7 nests per baking sheet).
BAKE both baking sheets at the same time for 1 hour, 45 minutes to 2 hours or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven; crack the door open and leave baking sheets inside until the oven has completely cooled. Remove from oven; with spatula, gently lift meringue nests from parchment. Meringues can be stored covered at room temperature for a few days.
FILL each nest with Jelly Beans, Bunny Gummies and NestEggs.