Spring Shortbread Cookies
Similar to a snowball cookie, but made just for Spring with the addition of Springtime Morsels. These cookies are perfect to add to your Easter dessert selection.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Springtime Morsels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT butter, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour; stir in morsels and nuts. Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (22% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 70mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 11g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (1% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.