Traditional layer bars with chocolate, coconut and nuts are given a cheery, fresh update by using Springtime Morsels. These Springtime Layer Bars are perfect for all of your springtime festivities.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Springtime Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
MELT butter in 13 x 9-inch baking pan in oven; remove from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. Stir well; carefully press onto bottom of pan. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top. Sprinkle with morsels; press down lightly.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Tip: For easier cutting of bars, line pan with foil, extending over edges of pan. Coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake and cool as directed above. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into bars.