Steamed chicken legs with mushrooms make a flavorful dinner choice. You can use shiitake or brown mushrooms in this recipe. Garnish with chopped green onions, sesame oil and seasoning sauce to create an extra flavor flair and eye appeal for this dish.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine or cooking sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 4 to 6 dried shiitake or brown mushrooms, soaked in water until soft
- 1 tablespoon peeled, matchstick-size pieces fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
COMBINE cornstarch, soy sauce, water, sugar, rice wine and salt in medium bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Place in pie plate; add mushrooms and ginger. Carefully place pie plate in steamer basket; cover steamer.
STEAM for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Chop into pieces or serve whole. Sprinkle with green onion, seasoning sauce and oil.