The spicy sauce steamed with the pork and eggplant sets the tone for this wonderful main dish. You'll really enjoy the rich Asian flavors in this dish. It's great for entertaining or family meals too! Garnish with chopped green onions.
- 12 oz. eggplant, cut into 3- to 4-inch-long wedges
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. boneless pork, cut into very thin strips
- 2 red chili peppers, seeds removed, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soybean paste
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 tablespoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fermented black beans, mashed, or black bean paste with chili and garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
COMBINE eggplant, 2 cups water, vinegar and salt in medium bowl. Soak for 10 minutes; drain. Place eggplant in 10-inch pie plate.
COMBINE pork, chili peppers, 2 tablespoons water, shrimp, soybean paste, bouillon, ginger, garlic, shallot, sugar, oil, seasoning sauce and black beans in medium bowl. Spoon over eggplant. Carefully place pie plate in steamer basket; cover steamer.
STEAM for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender and pork is cooked. Garnish with green onions.