Steamed Glutinous Rice with Pureed Green Beans is a delicious layered dish that has excellent flavor dimension.
- 2 cups uncooked sticky (sweet) rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GREEN BEANS
- 3 1/2 cups washed, trimmed, chopped green beans
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 Chinese sausages, diced
- 4 oz. ground pork
- 1 (about 4 oz. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast half, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup dried shrimp
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in hot water and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
WASH rice 2 to 3 times. Place rice in medium saucepan or rice cooker; add water and salt. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 30 minutes. Set aside.
FOR GREEN BEANS:
PLACE green beans and water in medium saucepan or steamer. Cover; steam over medium-high heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain. Place green beans and seasoning sauce in blender; blend until smooth. Set aside.
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Scramble eggs until well done. Remove from skillet; set aside.
ADD sausage to same skillet; stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess oil and fat. Remove from skillet; set aside.
HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, chicken, shallots, shrimp, mushrooms and scallions. Stir-fry for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken and pork are no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Add seasoning sauce, finely chopped cilantro, sugar and pepper; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute or until flavors are incorporated.
PLACE sausage in greased, medium, heat-resistant glass bowl. Top sausage with half steamed rice, pressing firmly. Top rice with half scrambled eggs. Add all meat mixture; top with remaining eggs. Add remaining rice. Press firmly.
PLACE bowl in large saucepan or bamboo steamer. Fill saucepan with water reaching halfway up side of bowl. Cover saucepan. Steam over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool just enough to be able to handle. Remove bowl from saucepan; turn upside down on large serving plate. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
SERVE with pureed green beans.