- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Grated peel and juice from 1 Mandarin orange or tangerine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/4 cup sake or dry white wine
- 1 bunch green onions, half bunch sliced thinly lengthwise and other half diced for garnish
- 4 quarter-sized slices fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 (4 to 5 ounces each) about 1-inch-thick Alaskan or Black Cod fish fillets (can use other white fish such as wild halibut, red snapper, orange roughy or talapia)
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch circles (about 1 1/2 cups total)
- Heavy-duty foil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for garnish
PREHEAT oven to 450° F.
HEAT 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes or until brown.
COMBINE remaining 3 tablespoons sesame oil, browned garlic, orange juice and grated peel, chicken stock, seasoning sauce, sake, thinly sliced green onions, ginger, brown sugar, chili flakes and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix well.
ARRANGE four 12 x 13-inch pieces of foil on work surface. Divide asparagus and zucchini evenly down center of each foil sheet. Place one fish fillet over vegetables.
FOLD up foil sides to create small foil bowl. Pour about one quarter cup of the sauce over fish and vegetables for each packet. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place on 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan or rimmed baking sheet.
BAKE for 17 to 20 minutes or until fish is just opaque in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets, allowing steam to escape away from you and let cool briefly. Using a spatula, gently push the fish and vegetables onto plate. Top with sauce, diced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. (This is also great served over rice.)
Fish packets are also great on the grill! Preheat grill to medium. Place packets on grill; cover and cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from grill and open carefully.