Fish steamed with the flavors of ginger and green onions makes for a pleasing Asian meal.
- 2 to 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon peeled, matchstick-size pieces fresh ginger
- 1 lb. fish steaks or fillets (such as grouper or cod)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
FILL bottom of steamer with water ensuring that the water does not touch the bottom of steamer basket. Heat water to boiling.
PLACE green onions and ginger on bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Arrange fish on top of green onion mixture. Carefully place pie plate in steamer basket; cover steamer. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish and green onions to a shallow bowl; discard cooking liquid.
PLACE 1/3 cup water, soy sauce, sugar, seasoning sauce and bouillon in small bowl; stir until dissolved. Pour over fish. Serve immediately.