This recipe, created by Lisa Keys for the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday Cookie Contest, is a delicious and comforting cookie that you will be craving every winter. The toffee and pecans on these cookies make a beautiful pairing.
Visit the Nestlé Kitchens for more great cookie recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon very hot water
- 1 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- Garnish: chopped pecans and toffee bits
WHISK flour, baking powder, salt and ginger in medium bowl; set aside.
BEAT butter with dark brown sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
COMBINE hot water with coffee granules and baking soda. With the mixer on low, add coffee mixture along with vanilla extract and dates. Slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
REFRIGERATE dough for 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just lightly brown. Do not over bake. Transfer cookies on the parchment to wire rack. Cool completely.
PLACE dulce de leche in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 15 seconds; stir. Spread some dulce de leche over each cookie. Sprinkle with pecans or toffee bits (or both if you like).