Intriguingly delicious Stir-Fried Barley and Squid features Asian -inspired flavors, bamboo shoots and trimmed asparagus. This is perfect for a special family meal or for exquisite entertaining.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. whole squid, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cooked barley (1/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 can (8 oz.) bamboo shoots, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Mint leaves for garnish
HEAT oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger; stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add asparagus and bell pepper; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add squid, barley, bamboo shoots, bouillon, sake, vinegar, sugar and white pepper; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until squid curls. Garnish with mint; serve immediately.