Strawberry & Arugula Salad with Cocoa-Spiced Pecans
This elegant Strawberry & Arugula Salad with Cocoa-Spiced Pecans takes a little extra effort but it's worth it. This salad is a perfect choice for entertaining.
- COCOA-SPICED PECANS
- Parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or ancho chile powder
- 4 cups pecan halves
- STRAWBERRY & ARUGULA SALAD
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) soft goat's milk cheese
- 2 1/2 cups halved or quartered strawberries
- About 2/3 cup Cocoa-Spiced Pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic syrup*
- 2 1/2 cups arugula, washed and dried
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
WHISK together egg white, sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Stir in nuts; stir until completely coated. Pour nuts onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
BAKE for 20 minutes; remove from oven. Using spatula, stir and separate nuts. Reduce oven temperature to 250° F and continue to bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes 4 cups.
FOR STRAWBERRY & ARUGULA SALAD:
PLACE about 2 tablespoons goat cheese in the center of each of 5 salad plates. Scatter about ½ cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons cocoa-spiced pecans around. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with syrup. Top each with a handful (about ½ cup) arugula.
*If you can’t find balsamic syrup, you can make your own reduction by boiling balsamic vinegar until reduced by half. Cool completely before using.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Strawberry & Arugula Salad
My brother/wife brought this to our Easter Brunch and it was the star of the menu. This will now be a "must include". They used the balsamic reduction.
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.