Make this light and lemony strawberry chiffon pie with a base of gelatin and frothy topping made from whipped nonfat dry milk. Frozen strawberries give you the freedom to make this pie year-round.
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie crust
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1/3 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
FREEZE small mixer bowl and beaters. Pour 1/2 cup water into small bowl; sprinkle with gelatin.
COMBINE 1/4 cup sugar and flour in small saucepan. Add strawberry juice and gelatin mixture; mix well. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in strawberries and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pour into large mixer bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until thick and syrupy, but not set.
BEAT ice water and dry milk in chilled bowl for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add remaining lemon juice and beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until stiff. Fold in 2 tablespoons sugar; blend on low speed. With wire whisk, mix whipped topping into strawberry mixture.
POUR into pie crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Review This Recipe
Made the pie for dinner and there was none left for later. The family loved it. The recipe takes a little time to make but is well worth it. This is the best I've tasted so far.
Read More Reviews